Friday, December 5, 2014

Thanksgiving and Exchanges


To my dear friends and family:

This week was a good week! TONS better than last week! It was still weird though. Haha. Missionary work on Thanksgiving is just weird. Basically, no one wants to let you into their house. But we did go see a less active member, and then we had dinner with another less active member. I had delicious food on Thanksgiving, but it was so weird not being with my family. Not in a bad way though, just in a weird way. I didn't get homesick. So that's good.

We had exchanges on Saturday! Sister Hancock came to the Spanish area with me, and Sister Arnold left me to go speak English for the day. It was a REALLY good day though! I was so much more confident this time than I was last time I had to do it. And it went so much better. I knew that the Lord would help me. And He did. :) Also, we ended up tracting into this one lady who had just moved here from Utah. She had been baptized, but her daughter who is 10 hasn't yet. This family is in really, really humble circumstances. They lost everything that they have. But we shared the "He is the Gift" video with them and they LOVED it. It was just what they needed at that point!

Unfortunately, this family doesn't speak Spanish. So I won't really ever be seeing them again. But it was so great to find someone who needed me. It was a really beautiful experience.

The South Sisters had a baptism yesterday, and it was one of the most beautiful, spiritual baptisms I've been to yet. It was so good. The Spirit was SO strong. Getting to see this gospel change people's lives is the most amazing thing.

Everyone PLEASE go to christmas.mormon.org and watch the video and share it with EVERYONE! #ShareTheGift It is the most beautiful video, and it will really help us all get into the true spirit of Christmas!

I've been reading the Book of Mormon and focusing on different aspects of the Atonement. So last time I read it, I highlighted everything that applied to the strengthening and enabling power of the Atonement. This time I'm reading about how we can be comforted through the Atonement. And it has been amazing. If you really focus your reading on something, you'll get so much out of it. And the more you know about and understand the Atonement, the more you'll have a desire to share the Gospel. That is SO true.

I know with my whole heart that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, that it truly testifies of Jesus Christ. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, called of God to restore The Church of Jesus Christ to the earth, and that with this calling he received the priesthood authority of God. I know that Jesus Christ truly is our Savior, and He is MERCIFUL. I know that He wants every single person to learn of Him, and come closer to Him. And I know that my purpose as a missionary is to HELP people come closer to Christ. I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church.

I love you all so much. I hope you have an amazing week!


Con mucho amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment