Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Solo Hazlo

Hola familia y amigos!


This week...was weird. Evidently the first week of the transfer is always weird/long, which was so true this past week.

So I had a piece of advice given to me by one of the members this week. This member has nicknamed me "La Chicita" (which is unfortunate, but not as unfortunate as La Grandita or La Grandota.) Anyway, we were eating dinner with her, and she told me that I better not grow any taller or I'll never be able to find a boyfriend. Also, a few days later, I was having a conversation with Sister Arnold about one of my nerdy obsessions, and I had one of my "I'm never getting married because I'm so nerdy moments." So between the nerd and the height, I'mma be a loner forever.

Oh my lanta. Guys! Being a missionary is the best! Especially in the CDSM! We get to find out about all sorts of really cool things that the church is doing before they get made public. THERE IS A CHRISTMAS INITIATIVE! :) I am so, so excited for this! #ShareTheGift <-y'all are gonna want to be using that after November 28. After November 28, y'all are also gonna wanna check out this sick website: christmas.mormon.org ! I can't express to you how excited I am! Really! It's going to be so amazing. Get ready!

We learned about the Christmas Initiative in our zone meeting on Saturday. After that, we went into a room that was decorated for Christmas, there were lights everywhere, and pictures of Christ, and a tree, and man. The Spirit in that room was STRONG. We had a testimony meeting in there. And it was powerful.

Oh here's a story for you! Sister Arnold and I have been teaching this one man, and he's really nice really open. Loves talking to us. Well the other day, we went to stop by his house, and he wasn't home. BUT, his wife was home. His wife is a Jehovah's Witness. She's been reading his copy of the Book of Mormon. And she wants us to come teach her, because she wants to learn more. What the?! This is the second Jehovah Witness we've found to teach this week. Crazy things are happening in Denver 1st North. But it's great.

I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning, in Alma. And I found this one verse (I can't think of where it is right off the top of my head...) that's talking about how it is a privilege to serve the Lord. Serving a mission is by far the greatest privilege I've ever had! It's the hardest, most exhausting thing I've ever done (seriously, the dark circles under my eyes are RIDICULOUS). But it's the happiest I have ever been. I love this opportunity to serve the Lord for 18 months, 18 months of my life completely dedicated to Him. And it is by far the greatest privilege.

I know with every fiber of my being that this Church is The Church of Jesus Christ restored on the Earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was called to be the prophet of the restoration, to translate the Book of Mormon. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to share this message, and to learn more and more every day.
I miss all of you immensely, and I love you even more!

Sister Stoeltzing and I wearing our matching shirts on our last day together. 

Con amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment