Monday, December 22, 2014

Happy Christmas


Hello, Happy People! 


Christmas is in 3 days! Soooo. FELIZ NAVIDAD! I hope you all have a most magical Christmas. Because I sure will. :) 


This week..well, it was a weird week. I was reading through my journal this morning and I was just shocked that the things that happened this week...happened this week. It feels like they happened MONTHS ago. It's so weird. 


This week, we ate weird things. Like, pumpkin. Just baked. With a little sugar or something on top. I felt like I was eating baby food. Also, I didn't want to eat it because the actual dinner we had eaten was ridiculously huge. But such is missionary life. Also, we ate part of a palm tree. It was called the heart of the palm tree. The woman who made it made like a salad kind of thing with avocado and it was basically the most delicious thing. Also, this part of the palm tree? It was canned. So weird. But it was delicious. 


Also, you should just all know that my District is the best. We're doing Secret Santa, because we're having District Meeting on Christmas. Also, we had an ugly sweater party at our last District Meeting. And it was great. And there's pictures...but all of the Elders have them. So I'll have to send that to you at a later date. :) 


Update: I'm still singing all the time. I had a special musical number on Thursday with Sister Eldredge for our Christmas party. And last night I had to sing for like...3 hours at the open house that we had at our Mission Home. So..I died a little bit. And couldn't talk afterwards. But I'm fine now. And am grateful as always for opportunities I have to share my talents. :) 


I had a really hard day on Friday. But then I had a really cool experience. And do you know what? God loves us more than we can possibly imagine. All of us. Because we are His children. And He loves us in spite of our imperfections. And that is what I have learned this week. Is that God loves us. And if we just rely on Him, He will help us. He wants more than anything to help us. But we need to ask. 


I love and miss you all more than you can possibly imagine! And Happy Christmas! 


Con amor, 

Hermana Sherilyn Harper 

No comments:

Post a Comment