Monday, December 15, 2014

Service por Dias

Hello, to my most wonderful friends and family! 


Mental break down moment: It's officially the 5th week of my 2nd transfer. Time. Is. Going. Too. Fast. 


This week was....pues, it was a week. We did a TON of service, which was great! It made me really happy. On Saturday we went helped at "Santa's Workshop" which is a place where people can go get some toys for their kids for Christmas so that they don't have to make a decision to not pay something so that they can have a good Christmas. SO it was great, and really happy! Except: I was at a checkout point, and I had to be the Grinch sometimes. Because everyone needed to have an equal opportunity, each child could only get one big toy. And some people did not have this explained to them very well. SO I had to be the one to do it. And it was sad. But everyone was really good about it. 


We also had our ward Christmas activity! And it was really happy! Guys. There was so much food. Tamales. Mole. Cookies. Cheesecakes. This fried dough stuff with cinnamon and sugar that has a name that I don't remember but it's delicious.Basically, the food never ended. It was crazy. And delicious. Then there was a nativity presentation. And so much singing. It was so happy. I loved it so much. Also! One of our investigators came! (We were deliriously excited about this, because she just got back from a trip. And as a general rule, when investigators come back from trips they just drop us.)


Both sets of Elders had baptisms yesterday! It was so great! One of our kind of recent convert's husband got baptized! And then another one of our recent convert's boyfriend got baptized! It was really great. Also, I think that I am the "Official Baptism Chorister." Possibly because I can sing really loud. 


I feel like I don't have any really great experiences to share with you this week. But something I did learn is that if your companion is going crazy and doesn't really want to do the things we're supposed to do, you need to stand up and be an example. Sometimes going against the grain is hard, especially when you're younger, but it's so necessary, and it will be so worth it. 


I hope you all have a most wonderful week! Only 10 more days until Christmas! :) 


I love and miss you all SO MUCH! 


Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment