Monday, October 26, 2015

Omni 1:26

Watching the movie with Jose
Mis queridos amigos y familia, 
This week was good! A little crazy! But it's all good. Such is life when you're a missionary. 
Mostly, I just have a ton of hilarious quotes from the week. 
"Sometimes being obedient is just a waste of money!" 
"You can still use trains when it snows! Have you ever seen the Polar Express??" 
"I think there's a......senior meeting?" -Hna Chavez
"I think by the time the 5th generation rolls around, there's going to be A LOT of old people!" -Hna Chavez 
All of the following quotes will come from our investigator Jose :) 
"They called me Jose Jalepeno!"
"I want a girl that is just mine that only I can touch!" 
"I'm just trying to expand my vocabulary, I didn't used to say man and bro." 
"I would say to my teachers, wassup homie?!" 
"We would clean every Saturday, and get new toothpaste and a new toothbrush and toilet paper...so it didn't really smell that bad." (On being "locked up") 
"This one guy used to tell me when he died he was going to a dark carnival. Like what the heck? You believe in a dark carnival?? You believe in clowns and stuff??" 
"I used to be really fit, like I almost had a 6-pack. I'm not trying to brag or anything." 
"There were even girls there. I was like, HA! You're not going to do more push-ups than me. And I got second place. And I got that extra sandwich." (On a push-up competition while he was locked up) 
--
Man. life is good here in Montrose! There's too much hilarity here, I can't even handle it! 
The best part of my week was on Monday night, we had an appointment with Jose and we'd planned to watch a movie. BUT we couldn't get anyone to come with us, because the member we'd planned on bailed last minute. SO we show up to his house with hot chocolate and we bring a TV outside and we watched the movie there. It was so much fun. :) 
This transfer is going to go by super fast. I'm not sure that I'm ready for that. We have a ton of meetings. And a ton of exchanges. But it'll be good! I'm excited. 
I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween! 
Con amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment