Monday, May 25, 2015

"When I grow up, I want to be Mexican."



My dear friends and family, 

I'm 20 now. And that's the weirdest thing ever. 

That being said, I had the greatest birthday EVER! We had our district meeting on my birthday. I had to give a training on extending the baptismal invitation after the first lesson. I was SO mad, because I almost made it 9 months without giving a training. And then Elder Pikula RUINED EVERYTHING. But it's fine. It was good. But my district is the cutest ever, and they decorated the room for me. We also had interviews with President, so when I got back from my interview they had cake and cupcakes waiting for me. Also, ELDER CABAS (from my first district in the field) was there! :) I don't really know why he was. But it made me really happy! So they had a party and they sang to me and smashed my face into a cake. Sister Pierce took pictures for me, but I have to wait until next week to get them to you! But it was great. Mission birthday = best birthday ever. Even though I'm 20 and think it's weird. 

Nothing too exciting happened this week. We had spur of the moment exchanges, so I went to Rifle with Sister Moody. It was good. We didn't have very much time together, but it was great. I needed it. 

Today I just wanted to say how grateful I am for the Atonement. Because we can truly overcome all of our weaknesses and receive strength and comfort if we learn to rely on our Savior Jesus Christ. That is probably the biggest thing I've learned thus far on my mission: Relying on my Savior. He loves us unconditionally. He wants to help us. But we can't if we won't let him. And sometimes that's hard. Which, I know, because I am so prideful. But when we do rely on our Savior, we can overcome. I have such a testimony of that. 

I love and miss you all. 
Con amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper 

P.S. Be praying for me that I don't die on my road trip to Denver tomorrow. ;) #leavingthemission

No comments:

Post a Comment