Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"I think this road is called Sausage Road" -- Brother White

Queridos amigos, familia, otros --

This week was strange, as weeks generally are as a missionary. But it was also great! I'm running out of time, of course. So this is probably going to be short and sweet. 

This week we had our Zone Conference. And it was SO fantastic! :)  It was all centered on a talk called "Becoming a Consecrated Missionary" by Tad R. Callister. If you haven't read it, you should. Even if you're not a missionary. Because it will change your life, I promise. So I'm super motivated to become the best missionary and best member that I can possibly be. It was great and I'm really excited to implement some changes into my life! 

I had the amazing opportunity to play a guitar this week! :) For the first time in 8 months. And it brought me so much happiness! I miss my guitar so much. 

This week, I met some less-actives that we work with. It's been really hard to get in contact with them. BUT we finally got to see them this week. And I fell in love with them! :) They are the best. Brother Deacon made a deal with me that he would come to church if I would sing in sacrament. So I quickly put all the preparations together to sing in sacrament. Luckily, there wasn't a problem with the Bishop. Because I already had told people I was singing and found someone to play the piano and everything. SO. Good thing Bishop really likes my singing. hahaha. SO I sang on Sunday. I just sang Be Still My Soul straight from the hymn book. BUT it ended up going really well. The less-active couple that promised me they would come loved it so much. It's one of their favorite hymns and it doesn't get sung very often, so they were so happy. And then the woman that I had play the piano for me told me that it was really inspired, because she needed to hear those words at that point. SO it made me really happy! :) 

OH MY GOSH! There's a member in our ward who is blind, and he is the most fiercely independent person I have ever met in my entire life. This week, we had the task of helping him walk to the post office. The most terrifying experience of my life. But it was also hilarious. He says the funniest things. But. I almost got hit in the face with his cane a few times. But it was great. And terrifying. I've probably never had more anxiety in my entire life. 

This is my last P-Day with my companion... :( That makes me really sad. It's our last week together, and we don't even really get to be together this week! We're going on exchanges for two days. So. That's a bummer. But we're going to have a really amazing week! 

I love and miss you all! 

Con amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment