Monday, April 13, 2015

"It smells really candle-y in here..." -Cesar

Because, yes, my friends. Candle-y is indeed a scent. Thanks, Cesar, for your words of wisdom. :)

This week was a week. Probably my favorite week in Eagle thus far. :) Everything's all kind of blurred together, though. So you'll have to excuse me as I try to sort out my brain in this email. :) 

On Tuesday, I got to spend the day in Rifle with Sister Moody. And it was so much fun, being in Hna Chandler's old area for a day! :) Sister Moody is amazing! She's such a hard worker and such a good example to others around her! And, they had coordination meetings when I was there. So I got to see OTHER MISSIONARIES on a day that wasn't District Meeting. And it may or may not have been one of my favorite parts of the week. I miss being around other missionaries! 

On Friday, a member, Myrna, got married! So we got to help out with decorating cupcakes/turning them into bouquets. :) It was a lot of fun. Also. Friends. Family. I have a new addiction. Pineapple empenadas. Oh. My. Gosh. Best things of my LIFE. So good. Basically, Myrna stopped her wedding so that I could try one. It was kind of hilarious. And definitely worth it. I would stop my wedding to eat a pineapple empenada. :) 

Okay, I want to tell you about my new favorite people, Rafe and Courtney! They were worked with a lot by missionaries in the past, Rafe is a less-active member and Courtney is an investigator. They live in a town in our area that is a place that we don't have the time or miles to get to. But on Saturday night we decided that we NEEDED to get in touch with them somehow. So Sunday after church, we had a text from Courtney. She told us that she'd moved into the town where we live and that she wanted us to come over so that Rafe could get a blessing. SO we went over and did all of that. And they really want to change their lives around right now. They really want to change so that their son can have a good happy life in the Gospel. And they're amazing. And I'm so excited to work with them more! 

Friends, family, mission life is the greatest. My mission has been the best thing of my life and has changed me in ways that I can't even describe. I'm so grateful for this opportunity that I have. 

I don't have more time, because the library computer is going to kick me off. Also, we're going for a hike today! So I

'll send pretty pictures of CO next week! 

I love and miss you all! 

Con amor,
Because we have comp unity...
Climbing on dinosaurs.. In skirts. Hahahaha
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment