Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Farmer Tans in Eagle

My dear friends and family:

My favorites
I suppose the first order of business to attend to in this email is to inform you all that I am no longer in Denver. I'm currently serving in the Eagle Valley area with Sister Adair! Which is great. Because we already knew each other because we were in the same district for 3 months! Other happy news about this: I get to be in the same district as my mama! Sister Arnold! And I'm deliriously excited about this, because we both kind of thought we weren't going to see each other again in our missions. And here we are. :) It's great. Sister Adair is a Sister Training Leader, so I get to have the whole nonsense again like when I was with Sister Noakes. EXCHANGES ALL THE TIME! YES. But it'll be good. I'm excited. I miss Denver and all of the people that I loved there. But I'm glad to be here. Also, this is Sister Adair's last transfer. So I get to be a killer. Otra vez! I just always kill the STLs. 

This week has been a whirlwind, it all went by SO fast. And this week is jam-packed with things to do. So. It's going to be another one like that. WHY DOES TIME GO BY SO FAST? I might be having mental breakdowns, because Friday was my 7 month mark. I don't understand how it all goes this fast.. 

But this week! 

So Monday night I had to say goodbye to some people. Like Juan. And it destroyed my soul. And then the Elders in my district just made me cry all night. But we're not going to talk about that. 

Tuesday I came to Eagle. I got to ride in the transfer train and it was kind of miserable. But it was fine. I survived. When I got off though, I got to see some of my favorite people! Like, Elder Clubb! He was the first person I saw! And it was so happy! :) And Sister Arnold! And then my favorite reunion of all: SISTER CHANDLER!! Best thing of my life. It had been 6 months too long! I was so glad to see her. :) We took a picture...but it's on her camera. So I'm waiting patiently (not really) for her to email it to me. But it was the literal best thing of my life. 

Thursday we had a baptism! Dorothy is AMAZING. She's from Louisiana and was only here temporarily for work. She goes back this week. But she's amazing. Her story is so crazy, and I probably won't even do it justice, because I wasn't here for it. So.. Sorry. But she's amazing. She's going to be a great member. She's so excited to go home and meet her home ward and just tear it up and share the gospel with the world. CONVERTS ARE THE BEST. 

Last night we had a fireside. President and Sister Murdock drove here from Denver to watch Meet the Mormons with out ward. It was amazing. So, so great. 

Other random ramblings: 
I have a farmers tan. :) I got sunburned, but it's just turned into a tan. And I have tan lines from my watch and my shoes. And a little bit of one from my ring. SUCCESS. I'm the most excited about the watch tan line. That was my goal in life. It looks so ridiculous when I'm not wearing my watch, so good thing I always am in public. hahaha. 

EVERYONE NEEDS TO WATCH AND SHARE THE VIDEO BECAUSE HE LIVES. Seriously. It's amazing. And use the #BeacuseHeLives when you share it, too! Just go do it. Now. YES. 

AND! General Conference is this weekend! I hope you're all going to watch! Because like, can we talk about how AMAZING it is that we get to listen to our LIVING PROPHET'S VOICE? yeah. It's pretty darn cool. So I would invite you all to watch it. And prepare questions! 

Have an amazing Easter and General Conference weekend! Learn lots! 

I love and miss you all! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

PS 
My new mailing address is:
Hermana Sherilyn Harper
912 Mayne St. 
Gypsum, CO 81637 
if you feel so inclined to send me letters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment