Tuesday, February 3, 2015

"I'm going to make myself a tequila of death out of these chemicals." -Elder Bang



Friends and family, 


This week, was amazing. Because Juan and his kids got baptized. :) And it was literally the happiest moment of my life. This family is the most beautiful family of my life. We only taught them for 3 weeks before their baptism, and they were so ready. They had been so prepared. And I KNOW that Sister Noakes and I were the missionaries that needed to teach this family. 


Here's a story about this family though. They live outside of our mission boundaries, in a different ward, everything. So we had been trying to get in contact with our mission president to make sure that everything was all going to be okay. So during our weekly planning session on Friday, we got a call from a number that we didn't know. Sister Noakes answered it. It was sisters from the Denver North Mission, and basically this was the conversation that happened. 


Others: So, since Juan lives in our area, we're going to be teaching him after his baptism. We're going to come to his baptism so you can hand him off to us. 


S. Noakes: Uhhhh....okay? 


Others: So when/where is the baptism? .... GREAT! We'll see you there. 


Me: sits in corner, sobbing. 


It was the worst. I was so sad. Especially since nobody had told us that was what was going to happen. So after church yesterday, we were telling Juan that since he doesn't live in our area we wouldn't be able to teach him anymore. And he told us, "But I'm not going to be living there much longer. I'm moving over here." And that was another of the happiest moments of my life, it was literally a miracle to me. 


So I get to keep teaching this family, since they're moving into our mission boundaries! And I'm so happy! Because I KNOW that this family needed me, and I needed them. And I'm so glad that Heavenly Father loves all of His children enough to know what we need. And I'm so grateful for all of the miracles that we continue to see every day. I'm KNOW that our Heavenly Father and our Savior, Jesus Christ, love us perfectly, beyond that which we can imagine. I know that this church is true. And I know that baptism is the door to the path that leads to returning to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I am so happy, there are no words, to be serving a mission. I'm so grateful that I have this amazing opportunity to share the true gospel of Jesus Christ with the people who don't have it in their lives. It is the best thing of my life. And I love it so much. 
This wonderful woman is moving, and it makes me sad. :( 


I hope all of you have an amazing week. 


I love all of you, more than you can possibly imagine. 

Con amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper



We were helping this family move, and our District Leader got his hand stuck in the wall. Hahaha



Comp Outfits


Kevin. :) My favorite kid.

Abraham and Me :) 





















Ada and Me 

Nanas and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment