Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Valentine's Day

Hello my darling friends and family, 


This week was not as great as I wanted it to be... 


But we did have some good times! 


I got a new companion! Sister Hansen, my step-daughter! :) She's so great! I'm learning that I knew a whoooole lot more Spanish than I thought I knew! And it's great! I'm learning and growing so much, and I can't wait to see my progression for the rest of this transfer! 


We had a Valentine's Party with our ward. And the decorations were disgusting. There was so much pink and so many hearts and it was great. The food was...SO good. 


Yesterday, I was really stressed about everything. It turns out that yesterday was a terrible day for the entire District. The South Elders and us had a lovely ranting session in a church parking lot. And it was a thing that we needed. 


Things that I think people don't realize: 
HOW MUCH MISSIONARIES LOVE THE PEOPLE THEY SERVE. I love the people in Denver so much more than words could possibly ever express. 


And here's the thing about the love that the missionaries have for people. Is that they love them so much, and they completely give their hearts to the people they serve. And the people don't realize that, don't know what they're doing, and they just completely destroy our hearts. And hurt us so bad. 


So I think that was really dramatic and morbid sounding, and I promise you all that my heart is completely in tact right now. But, just know how much the missionaries love and care about everyone. We really do. Investigators, less-actives, recent converts, members, people we've just met. Our hearts are so unbelievably full with love to all of you. All the time. 


Just know that. :) 


We're not doing what we're doing just because we think it sounds nice. We're not doing what we're doing because we want you to change your lives and make you be miserable. We're doing what we're doing because we LOVE you! And we want you to be happy! 


I hope you all have a fantastic week! 


And know that I love you and miss you all more than you can ever possibly imagine. 


Con amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment