Tuesday, February 24, 2015

"There are some people in this world I just want to slap."

There were strange happenings this week. Mostly yesterday... 

What I tracted in this week. It was a full-on blizzard.
There was a snow storm in Denver! It is really cold and it snowed like a lot. So much that church got cancelled yesterday. Which was a really weird thing for me. Because being from Montana, nothing ever shuts down because of snow. But church did yesterday! We also weren't supposed to be driving our cars, but the Elders in my district did anyway. They brought Sister Hansen and I snow shovels and the 6 of us just shoveled snow in our neighborhood for about 2 hours. It was great. Then Sister Hansen and I walked to our less-active member's house for a lesson. She lives about 30 minutes away, and by the time the lesson was over, the sun had gone down. So it was REALLY cold. But when we walked into our apartment, Elder Bang and Elder Marin told us that they had tamales from us. From my favorite Recent Convert. It was such a beautiful tender mercy. 

We taught our investigator Carolina on Saturday night. She has a baptismal date. We had a lesson with her earlier this week and she said she still wasn't 100% sure about being baptized. So we asked her all of the baptismal interview questions. She knows that everything is true. She wants to be baptized. She just wants to keep worshipping the saints. So, if you all would please pray for my lovely Carolina to feel 100% sure about all of this and her decision to be baptized. :)

Strange thing is that this Friday I hit my 6 month mark... SO that's strange. It doesn't feel like I've been out for 6 months...and at the very same time, it feels like I've been out for years. Mission timelines are so strange. 

Also, I'm probably going to be transferred at the end of this one. :( I REALLY want to stay for one more, so I'm praying a lot to align my will with God's. We'll see what happens. Either way I'm crying. 

Preaching the gospel from a roof-top. ;)
Missions are the best. I've been learning and growing so unbelievably much. And I know that I'm where I'm at for a reason. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for every single one of His children. 

I love and miss you all so much! Have such a great week! 

Con amor,
Hermana Sherilyn Harper




No comments:

Post a Comment