Saturday, November 8, 2014

Grandita

Mis queridos familia y amigos,
Espero que todo esta bien con ustedes. :)
All is so great in Colorado. I say every week how much I love it here, but man...I really love it here. So much. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now! (I would like for all of my CCM friends to be here with me...but they're all off doing work, and I'm ridiculously proud of all of them.)
I hope everyone had an excellent Halloween! We didn't teach a single lesson on Halloween. But all is well! We had a nice ward party. Ward Parties with the Hispanics are crazy. Basically, there is no time limit with them. But it was a lot of fun. The Zuni District had a booth called Donut on a String. And basically, we just tie a donut on a string, stand on a chair, and make the little kids try to eat the donut without their hands. It's pretty funny to watch. And everyone loves donuts.
Oh! I went on exchanges this week. I stayed in the Spanish speaking area, and Sister Hancock, who speaks no Spanish at all, came to be with me. Basically, it was the longest and most stressful day of my life. I sprained my ankle the day before, so that was fun. Basically, we did two hours of service, and then we did a lot of tracting. And I got to practice my Spanish. A lot. And it was hard. But I felt so much more comfortable and confident. And I still am not good at Spanish. But I know that the gift of tongues is real, and that is the only reason I was able to do so well on that day. I'm really thankful that I had that opportunity!
I feel like since I mentioned the sprained ankle, I owe some sort of explanation. Basically...I don't know how to walk. And I fell off the sidewalk and rolled my ankle. Sister Arnold thought it was hilarious. (She was also concerned about me, and helped me out..and we got ice for it, and all was fine.)
I had so much that I was going to say in this email and I can't remember what any of it was. So I'm really sorry, bear with my scattered thoughts.
I got invited to a wedding this week! My lovely investigator Lucero is getting married, and she wants Sister Arnold and I to be there. Basically, S. Arnold and I are beyond ecstatic, because 1) she's getting MARRIED and we didn't tell her anything about getting married and 2) we get to go to a wedding! So much happy.

I'm getting really sick of how dang tall I am. It's a problem. Because all of the hispanics are these short little people. And everyone without fail, tells me how tall I am. Sister Arnold has informed me that my new nickname is Grandita, because I get called that. A lot. Being tall. Is. A. Problem. And everyone always says, "Oh, I wish I was taller!" Well, you know what? You probably don't wish that actually, because everyone just makes you feel like a freak. End of rant.
The sisters in my district get to sing at Zone Conference on Tuesday. And because it's November, we're singing a Christmas song... (Sister Arnold REALLY loves Christmas music.) So, I think that'll be pretty funny. Also, I have to sing at Sister's Conference next week I think? I am that missionary who sings at everything, I guess. I'm really grateful for the opportunity I have to share my talents. :)
Okay, one last thing. I want to tell you all about my Saturday! Sister Arnold and I taught a lesson every single hour! We had two appointments fall through, but we found other people to teach instead. It was so beautiful! And it was really just one great lesson after another great lesson. It was really so amazing.

I love being a missionary so much! I'm so blessed to have this opportunity to share this amazing message. The Book of Mormon is the most beautiful, and most true book. It has changed my life, and I love watching how it is changing the lives of others.
I hope all is well with all of you. Never forget how much I love you, and how much Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love you. You're never alone!
Con mucho, mucho amor!
Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment