Monday, November 16, 2015

Alma 7:11-12

Hna Salazar and I, reunited. <3 (We cried when we saw each other
All of my junior companions. :)
Friends and family, 
This week was crazy. 
On Tuesday, we got to have a general authority talk to us. Elder Wilford W. Anderson and his wife came to speak to us and it was AMAZING. I learned so much! Plus, I got to be reunited with a ton of my favorite people. And we found out that JOSE ISN'T GOING TO JAIL UNTIL JANUARY!! We're excited to keep teaching him!








On Wednesday, we had interviews with President Murdock. Taught Bertha Garcia and her family. I love them! President Osorio came with us and he got really bold with them, which I think they desperately need. They still didn't come to church. But we're really working on them. Oh, also, there was the first snow of the year. It all melted by the end of the day, so it wasn't actually real.
Thursday we taught Jose. He told us about a lot of concerns that he has. He seems a ton more open and receptive right now to really change. We're probably going to have to re-teach him everything, but we're excited about it. Because he'll actually listen, learn, and apply now. We saw the Rodriguez family, too. I love them! They're moving into their own trailer finally, so they won't feel uncomfortable having us come over to visit them anymore.
Friday we had weekly planning and our branch activity at the Burr's house. It was a ton of fun. We played this game where you had to draw a question out and tell two stories from this question: one truth and one lie. 
My question was: If you were an animal, which animal would you be? Why? 
#1. A giraffe, because I'm already tall, so I could just keep being tall and just walk around doing nothing but eating leaves and it would be awesome. 
#2. A koala. Because they sleep for 22 hours a day. When they're not sleeping, they're eating. They're really cute and cuddly, but they're also really aggressive and will scratch your eyes out. 
We also started exchanges, I went to Delta with Sis Johnson. She drove into a median in the middle of the road. I thought I was going to die. 
Saturday I spent with English people. Rough life. They're definitely not as nice as Hispanics. We ended our exchange early, because Sis Davis was sick, and I went home and washed all of my bedding. And the dryer broke, so it was this big disaster. Fun times. 
Sunday, the Branch Presidency got changed up. Hno Bugarin is the 2 consejero now, and I'm so excited! It's going to be such a great, fresh change that this branch desperately needs! Also, I just love the Bugarins so I'm so glad that they're in our branch now! <3 Then we had to go home, because Hna Chavez got sick. 
Today, it's actually snowing. Like it's the first REAL snow of the year. I'm sad. But it'll be okay. 
We have Sisters Conference this week, so I get to see my favorite people again. :) 
I love and miss you all!
Hermana Sherilyn Harper 
-This morning, Sister Schiller (the member we live with) asked me, 
"Can you drive in the snow?" 
The first "snow" in Montrose
I laughed. I was like... ".....uhm....I'm from Montana?" hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment