Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Week Two

¡Hola familia y amigos!

Esta semana en la CCM...okay, nope. I can't do this in español for you guys. Lo siento, pero español es muy dificil para mi. 

I can´t believe that I have already been in Mexico for two weeks, only four left and I'm shipping back to the states! I love, love, love, Mexico, but I'll be so excited to be back in the states. Especially in Colorado, because it is going to feel so much like home, I think. Mexico is lovely, and Hermana Chandler says it reminds her so much of Hawai'i, but...I miss my mountains. People who aren't from Montana don't understand why I love my mountains so much and why I think the ones here are pathetic. 

This week has been hard, I have been really sick. Probably the sickest I have ever been. (We'll just blame it on my dang immune system.) I woke up on Saturday night and thought I was going to die, because I couldn't breathe, I had so much gunk in my lungs and in my throat and this is all suuuuper gross, and I apologize for that, but I just want to get across to you how sick I was. I was so miserable. All of Sunday, I cried basically all day, because it hurt to breathe, and I couldn't get anything out of my lungs, and I was just in pain and I hadn't had enough sleep. One of the elders in my district told me that I should cheer up, and I told him I couldn't because I literally felt like I was dying. So they all offered to give me a blessing, but the new zone leaders are in my district and they had been informed that if I need a blessing, we would have to get in touch with our Branch President to make sure it was okay or something? I don't know, I didn't understand very well. But they all told me that they would pray for me. I had so many people pray for me on Sunday night. And when I woke up on Monday morning, I still wasn't completely better, but I was soo much better than I had been the day before. So. I want to tell all of you how important prayer is, and how powerful prayer is. Because my testimony of the power of prayer has grown so much in my two weeks here en la CCM. Prayer is such a wonderful tool, and Heavenly Father WANTS us to ask for things that we need. He wants us to come unto Him, to humble ourselves and ask for the help that we need. On Sunday, I didn't even want to ask people to pray for me, because I have a bit of a pride issue I guess. But I knew that I couldn't get through that trial, and that illness by myself. I knew that I needed help. And that is exactly what Heavenly Father wants from us. To be humble, to know and admit that we can't do things by ourselves. I encourage you all to make your prayers more sincere. Really think about what you are saying. Prayer is the best time to be so close to your Heavenly Father. I don't know, just some spiritual thing to keep in mind. 

I can't even really think of what we did this week. It was all such a blur, because being as sick as I was, my mind just...kind of died, I guess. It has been a pretty solid week though, minus the sickness. I love the Elders in my district so much, we have such a special bond. Being bonded with people in a spiritual sense is so much...I don't even know how to describe it. But I know that I love those Elders with all of my heart, and I love them all more and more every day. They are such examples to me, even though they let their 18 year old boy show. A lot. One of the older Hermanas in my zone told me this week that we come into the CCM thinking of the Elders as our little brothers, and one day, they are going to be like our older brothers. I can't wait to see that transition. Because I really do love them, and think very highly of them. But if it can get better than that, I can't even imagine. 

You know how earlier I was talking about how excited I will be to get back to the states? Well, I am. But I also never want to leave here, ever. Because I am already so attached to my district now and it has only been 2 weeks, I can't imagine what another month is going to do. Leaving them will be so hard, but the Elders are going to bless the lives of the people of Perú so much I can't even imagine, and Hermana Chandler and I have to go do work in Colorado. I don't want to leave the people I love so much, but that's really how the whole mission thing is, I guess. First you leave your family, then parts of your zone leave you, then you have to leave your zone AND your district, and I KNOW that I am going to become so attached to my Coloradians (I don't even know if that's a thing?) But I know that my life has already been so blessed by my service, and I know it will continue to be so blessed. 

It has been two weeks, and they have been the best two weeks of my life. Even when I am having hard times, I am still the absolute happiest I have ever been. And I am pretty sure that's not something you can even understand until you serve a mission. Because it is literally the hardest thing I have done with my life, learning Spanish seems like it is going to kill me sometimes. But the levels of joy, and happiness, and love that I feel and have? I would never trade it for the world. My heart has been so full here, I never knew I could love so much. 

I hope everything is going well for all of you back home. I love all of you so much, and am so thankful for your prayers and everything that you do for me. You are in my prayers constantly. 

Have a lovely week, 

Hermana Sherilyn Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment