Wednesday, September 17, 2014

¡Feliz Dia de Independencia, México!

¡Hola amigos y familia!

¡Feliz Dia de Independencia, México! Última noche, we had Mexican Night. And it was basically the most wonderful thing. We all got together in the auditorium and watched a performance of traditional Mexican dances. And it was so much fun! AND I WANT THOSE DRESSES. I don't have pictures, lo siento, pero saben que los vestidos son muy bonitas. 

Mi español es mucho mejor. Antes mi mision, no hablo español, pero ahora hablo español mejor. I wear a tag on my name tag that says, Sólo Español so that I only talk in Spanish. It doesn't work very well. But I try. And it is helping my Spanish be so much better. My teacher in the afternoon is now so insistent that we speak only Spanish in the class that we have to do push ups if we speak in English. Yesterday, Hna Chandler and I both had to do four because I had said something in Spanish, but Hermana Chandler no entiende, so I was explaining in English. No bueno. But we will be muy fuerte cuando we leave the CCM. 

I can't think of one specific thing to tell you all about from this week. This week was much better than last week, because I'm no longer sick. Except that I still have crazy coughing fits every time I am in the comedor. I think everyone thinks that I am choking, but...I don't know. My lungs just don't like being in the comedor I guess. Hermana Chandler always jokes that I'm just allergic to the comedor. I think she might be on to something, there. 

Oh! I know. I haven't told you yet about how Sundays are the best days in the CCM. Also how Tuesdays are the best days for P-Day! Sundays are my favorite, because it means A) I have successfully made it through another week, and I have one more day to power through before P-Day, B) I get to go to church meetings, which are WONDERFUL, C) We get to have a devotional and D) we get to watch videos. This week we watched The Testaments. So that was great. And now I'm gonna tell you why Tuesdays are the best days to have P-Days here en el CCM. A) Because P-Day is a wonderful day, no matter what day of the week it is. B) It is the first P-Day of the week, and everyone gets really jealous that you get it first. C) We have Devotionals every Tuesday night. And they are always wonderful. And D) Tuesday night = Costco Pizza Night. Enough said. Costco Pizza Night is like super huge deal to todas las personas en el CCM. Por qué, no one seems to like the food a whole lot here. I think it's fine. There's a few things that freak me out (if you know me, you know that I have issues with meat.) But generally, the food is fine. BUT Costco Pizza is seriously the best night. Because, I mean, it's pizza. And I love pizza. Who doesn't love pizza? Weirdos. That's who. Anyway, everyone gets really excited about Pizza Night. And that is why Tuesday P-Days are the best, because it is one whole day full of happiness. 

Famila y amigos, yo sé que este Evengelio es verdadero. Yo sé que José Smith fue un profeta. Yo sé que El Libro de Mormón es verdadero. Tengo mucho amor por El Libro de Mormón. Yo sé que Jesucristo vive. Yo sé que por medio de la expiacion, podemos volver a Dios y Jesucristo. Estoy agradecida por las oraciones de ustedes. Estroy agradecida por la oportunidad servir un mision. Estoy agradecida por todos los misioneros. Estoy agradecida por la oportunidad estudiar en el CCM. Tengo mucho amor por ustedes. 

I love you all so much, and pray for you all the time. I hope that next week I have something más interesante to write to you about. I also hope that one day, I can write an entire post in Spanish. (Sorry that Google Translate isn't accurate all the time.) Be prepared for when I get home and I only want to speak in Spanish. Even though pienso que español es muy dificil ahora, pienso es una lengua muy bonita. I can't wait to not suck. Hahaha. 

Love and miss you. So much!  

Hermana Sherilyn Harper 

{Also. If you want...you can all e-mail me. ;) sherilyn.harper@myldsmail.net -- I would love to hear from anyone and everyone. Also, I'll get you guys my actual letter address when I get back to the states. My Mexican address is just entirely too long, and ain't nobody got time for that. Especially me. Because I don't have it memorized, and it's not currently with me.}

Hermana Roy and I -- I met her in Butte a month or so before we both got to the MTC and now we are roommates! It's wonderful.

The picture above is of my and my Latina friends that left this week. They helped me practice my spanish!


 This is Hermana Chandler and I. And the picture basically sums up our relationship. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment