Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Call

Hola amigos y familia:

Let me tell you a story about the call that changed my destiny.

I held the envelope in my hands on April 17. Surrounded by friends, with my family on Skype, I anxiously read aloud the place that I would spend 18 months of my life.

Colorado Denver South 

Tears of joy escaped my eyes. I've never felt so happy, been so at peace. I had to continue reading, though. Because questions were still unanswered: When do you report to the Missionary Training Center? Which MTC will you go to? 

Mexico Missionary Training Center 
Wednesday, August 27, 2014 

More tears of joy! My best friend Sierra and I would be in the Mexico MTC together for FOUR weeks. We were really excited. 

I hugged everyone who came to support me and watch me open my call. I talked with my parents and shared in the excitement. I spent the rest of the evening on Pinterest, pinning to my mission board, feeling so very excited about Denver. 

Now I leave in 6 days. I'm mostly really, really excited. Starting to get nervous. (I still don't have my flight plans to get to Mexico, so that's stressful.) But really excited! I can't wait to get to Mexico to start learning Spanish and how to teach in Spanish. I know that these next 18 months are going to be the hardest, yet most incredible of my life. My heart has been in Colorado since April, so I can't wait for the rest of my body to get there, too. I would like to thank all of my friends and family for their support. I love you all. See you in 18. 

(Please make sure you fill in the e-mail box if you want to get my blog sent to your e-mail every week!) 

-Hermana Harper 

No comments:

Post a Comment